Tech Rewind / OSU Part II (ESPN - 1:00)
A few quick thoughts from Wednesday's 79-70 win over Texas Tech
- BJ Holmes was simply outstanding - The Sophomore had 24 points in 20 minutes including a ridiculous 6-for-7 from behind the arc, 7-for-8 from the field and 4-for-4 from the free throw line. Holmes has now made at least 1 three pointer in 19 straight games, the 3rd longest streak in school history (the record is 27 straight games by Bernard King).
- The Aggies only scored 2 field goals in the game's final 10:48, and 17 of their final 22 points came at the free throw line.
- The Aggies got off to another terrible start, falling behind by 9 points (11-2) only 4 minutes into the game. They spent the remainder of the half scrapping back and finally got the game tied back up at 33-33 with just over 4 minutes to play in the first half.
- The Aggies' bench outscored the Tech bench 35-1.
- The Aggies had a very impressive +11 rebounding margin (40-29)
- A&M started off 2-for-8 from the free-throw line before making 17 of their next 20.
- Carter and Sloan were both terrible shooting the rock as they combined to go 2-for-16 from the field.
- 5 Aggies (Carter, Roland, Davis, Holmes and Loubeau) scored in double figures.
OK - That's it.
Let's take a quick peak at the Aggies' game vs. OSU tomorrow (ESPN - 1:00)
I think the two biggest things that we should all keep an eye on tomorrow are 1.) Can the Aggies establish Davis, Elonu and Loubeau against the smaller Cowboys? and 2.) Can the Aggies get enough pressure on the perimeter to not let OSU get in a rhythm offensively?
Both teams are struggling a little bit coming into Saturday's game. A&M had lost three straight (OU, KU, UT) before beating Tech on Wednesday night. OSU has lost three of their last four, losses to Baylor, MU, OU, coupled with an overtime win over Nebraska in Lincoln.
If you tune in for this one, hang on until the last second. When they get hot, OSU can score points as fast as anyone in the league. They live by the 3 and die by the 3. Here is to hoping they have an off night shooting the ball tomorrow.
This is a huge game for both teams as they continue to battle for positioning at the top of the 2nd tier in the Big 12.
Aggie Hoops Report Score Prediction:
Oklahoma State 76
Texas A&M 77
Hope you all have a great weekend.