A Few Quick Notes On Tonight's Game
The game tonight is on ESPN-U at 8:00 with Brad Sham (yes, the voice of the Dallas Cowboys) and Stephen Howard calling the action.
PROJECTED TEXAS A&M STARTERS
No. Player P Ht. Wt. Cl-Ex PPG RPG APG
15 Donald Sloan G 6-3 205 Jr-2L 11.5 3.5 3.6
3 Derrick Roland G 6-4 185 Jr-2L 5.3 2.2 --
23 Josh Carter F 6-7 200 Sr-3L 13.9 4.2 --
0 Bryan Davis F 6-9 240 Jr-2L 10.7 6.5 --
41 Junior Elonu C 6-10 235 Jr-2L 9.5 6.9 --
PROJECTED OKLAHOMA STATE STARTERS
No. Player P Ht. Wt. Cl PPG RPG APG
00 Byron Eaton G 5-11 210 Sr. 12.9 3.5 6.1
1 Terrel Harris G 6-5 205 Sr. 14.7 5.3 2.6
23 James Anderson G 6-6 205 So. 18.4 5.6 --
2 Obi Muonelo G 6-5 215 Jr. 15.4 9.6 2.1
44 Malcoln Kirkland F 6-8 230 So. 3.2 2.9 --
- - A&M has won two straight at Gallagher-Iba Arena, the first team to do that since Texas in 2001/2002. The last time a team won three straight in Stillwater was Kansas, which won four straight from 1985-88. In addition, the Aggies have won four of the last 6 meetings overall.
- - The Aggies have never won a Big 12 opener on the road. In fact, they have only won 2 conference openers since the leage was formed (both were at home).
- - The Cowboys are a perfect 8-0 at home this year and Gallagher-Iba Arena is still one of the toughest places to win in the conference.
- - OSU's Terrell Harris and A&M's Josh Carter were teammates their Junior year at Lake Highlands HS in Dallas.
About the Cowboys:
- - As we mentioned yesterday - OSU leads the Big 12 in scoring (85.9), three-point percentage (.424) and three-point field goals per game (10.7). Live by the 3, Die by the 3 - let's hope it's the latter tonight.
- - James Anderson ranks 2nd in the Big 12 in scoring with an 18.4 average.
- - Terrel Harris averages 14.7 points and leads the league in three-point percentage (.489).
- - Byron Eaton contributes 12.9 points per game and also leads the Big 12 in steals (2.6). Eaton also ranks second in assists per game (6.1).
- - Obi Muonelo averages 15.4 points per game and also ranks 3rd in the conference in rebounds per game (9.6).
OK - Here's to hoping the Aggies can find a way to steal one on the road.
I'm standing by my score prediction from yesterday.
AHR Score Prediction:
Texas A&M 68
Oklahoma State 74
We'll have more for you guys tomorrow or Monday.